Earn fun rewards. Click here!

Search & Win

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

school, ward, & TV

So we are in our house. It is filthy; it's taking forever to unpack due to having to clean everything before stuff gets put away. Today is so humid. Who would have thought? The humidity is 87% right now. We do get great storms though. We officially have tv now with DVR!!! We might be able to survive now. Today is kinda cool (aside from the humidity) and I am mostly unpacked. We need to go get more shelves to adapt to this place. Other than that, Hadley has decided she hates school, her teacher is mean, and she gets very homesick at school. How fun is that to drop your baby off at school only to have her cry until you have to force her to go inside her class room? I make Jamie take her now. I would probably end up just bringing her home every time. I'm really hoping she will adapt to being gone all day a little better or I have no idea what I will do. She does come home in a good mood though, which gives me hope.
Here is a funny story, every time we move into a new ward I always think I will probably know someone in the ward that I knew growing up or something, so Sunday we went to church; side note: The ward is full of literally nearly dead (Lots of them) and newlyweds (some have only been married for about 3 weeks) we are the odd man out; anywho, this girl from the primary presidency came up to us and was asking about the girls and what classes they were in, she told me I look familiar, She so didn't look familiar to me, I told her I was from Idaho, so was she, I said I was from Idaho Falls, so was she, then she told me she was from this little area called Ammon, so am I, then we realized we went to elem. and jr. high together and we were in the same ward. As soon as she said her maiden name it all came to me. So, she and her husband came over Sunday night and the guys went to priesthood meeting while Andrea and I visited. It was so fun to reminisce. Then the guys came home and we did our usual Sunday night tradition, Popcorn and "Mormon Margaritas". It's so nice to know someone other than our own little family down here.
That is our lives thus far, I need to get Jamie off to school now and watch some of the dearly beloved, truly missed, "Boob Tube".

4 comments:

Jill W said...

That's too bad about Hadley! Hopefully things will get better. If they don't, there's always home schooling! I have a friend who hated school-not the learning part, just the other students-and her mom ended up home schooling her. She plans on doing the same with her children. I'll bet she just needs some time to adjust, though. If the teacher really is mean, is the another teacher she could have?

carol said...

what a small world, running into someone you know at church. Glad you will have friends. And yay to being almost unpacked. I hate moving with all my soul, so I'm glad you are almost done with it. And good luck with Hadley. I'm sure once she makes a couple of friends it will get better.

Camile said...

Oh sad! I hope Hadley starts enjoying school better - that would be SO hard to take Carly or Ellie to school knowing that they were miserable!

I noticed in a previous post that you said you actually miss Moscow. I'm not suprised. Even though you always said you couldn't wait to get out of there I knew you had so many close friends there that you would have to miss it! I know the feeling! But, I'm sure it will only get better from here on out. You have such an outgoing and friendly personality - you'll have tons of good friends in no time.

I'm glad we can keep in touch via blogs - can't wait to hear what baby #4 is!

cressfamily said...

Sooo sorry to hear about all the troubles you have been having. Things should get better with Hadley and school (although I wish at times we had all day kindergarten!)