Earn fun rewards. Click here!

Search & Win

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

This is something Rachel probably won't blog about. So I'm getting this one out before she deletes it. I received a voice mail from my mother a few days ago. My mom doesn't call unless to talk to Rachel or tell me about mail that she received. The message said something about Tucson police department and pictures of Rachel. So I called her up. Apparently our van had been photographed turning left on a red light. They gave this violation website where you can look at traffic pics of the violation in progress and a short video of it. The video shows our van making an obvious red light turn. Pic one and two were a median's eye view of the van turning with the red light visible. Pic three was a closeup of the van's rear license plate. And Pic 4???

That's right, Rachel is as giddy as a monkey on narcotics. Look at that beautiful half-smile, as if she didn't know she had been caught trying to beat the light. Ah, technology. Thank you for the candid shots.

From Rachel------ For the record, Jamie was with me and that dumb little mistake cost us like $250. That was my crap, I just got caught red faced. Everyone consider the fact I drove from Moscow to IF (10 hours) with 3 kids by myself and not one violation. I also drove ALL the way to Tucson without a problem. I would not have gotten caught were it not for this "Technology" Jamie speaks so highly of. So thank you Honey for letting everyone know how great of a driver I am!!

Rebuttal from Jamie - - - - My sweet darling of infinite love, most accidents happen within 25 miles of home. Most accidents occur because somebody was not obeying traffic laws. Running a red light is not obeying the law, and most interstates (especially in the West) don't have traffic lights. Hence, any traffic violation was more likely to happen close to home than on a cross-country dash. Besides that, you've been able to talk your way out of several speeding tickets, especially in Moscow, which you should have made known. Let's be totally honest, my bundle of cuddly baby-boy-making love. You can't sweet talk a camera, but I bet you'd try if given the chance.

3 comments:

Jill W said...

I needed a good laugh today. Thanks!

Camile said...

Okay, so I LOVE the little smile on your face!!! Did you know you were running the red light or was it accidental? (It makes all the difference - if you did it on purpose then the smile is a smirk, if you did it on accident then the smile is one of sweet oblivion.)

Anyway, I loved the post! Thanks to Jamie! (by the way, I think it's hilarious that Jamie was with you.)

Ryan and Krystal said...

Oh now that is funny! Your picture is priceless!