Earn fun rewards. Click here!

Search & Win

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

How was your Labor Day Weekend?

Our weekend started out with a trip up to Phoenix to look for a couple things at Ikea and go swimming at my Uncle's. The day went pretty fast. We ended up only swimming for a short time, my uncle came out drunk and was playing with Avery and dunked her a couple times, it freaked her out and pissed me off, so we left. He is a real nice guy especially when he is wasted. That was great, and to top it off we left the girls float toys there and didn't find exactally what I wanted at Ikea.


The next day we went to church, our lucky ward got to hear us speak. That went pretty well. Of course Jamie said some off the wall things but his talk was really good. We spoke on the Restoration. I really don't think anybody really listened to my talk after the run down on our family, because a bunch of people told me I gave a great talk. HA!


On Monday nobody had anywhere to be so we got Subway and went up to Mt. Lemon. It was so nice and cool, the girls were asking for jackets. It was hard to leave. It's nice to know we have a place to go when we feel like we are going to melt. They also have great fudge up there!! We have had a lot of storms lately and that has kept it in the 80's but the storms are diminishing and the temp is rising. Today was 97 and it is supposed to get warmer and warmer everyday. They say the lower triples by Friday. I wanted to go back up this weekend but we just found out we are going back up to Mesa to the Temple for a primary activity. It is usually about 10-15 degrees hotter there. Hey! We can pick up the girl's float toys on our way out of town. Then we have to rush back down to go to a party for Jamie's department. It's going to be a long, HOT day. Maybe we can go up to the mountain next weekend before we go to Chuck E. Cheese's for Hadley's birthday.

The girls at the top!

By one of the many waterfalls on the way back down the mountain.

One of the MANY advantages to the storms down here. We get great flooding, not too dangerous but fun to drive through, awesome thunder and lightning, cooler weather, and beautiful rainbows.

3 comments:

carol said...

We had a great weekend at my dad's cabin...until my neighbors called me to say that the wind had blown our trampoline into our house, their house, and their car. with tons of damage. sounds like we both had an awesome weekend. I'm glad about mt. lemon though, at least you can go to cool off. It was 45 here on monday afternoon. I think our summer is over while you still have a way to go.

cressfamily said...

We did aboustly NOTHING!! Jason had to work all weekend and stayed home to finish unboxing all our stuff. How lucky am I?

the Arpkes said...

What darling little girls you have! They all look so different yet the same. When do you find out what you are having? How long are you in AZ for?