Earn fun rewards. Click here!

Search & Win

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

And the award for best parents goes too....

US. Jamie & Rachel Allen. Here is why, Saturday was Hadley's 6th birthday, we told her it was ALL HER DAY. She could call the shots all day. She said she really wanted to go to Chuck E. Chesse's. So we took her, not thinking it was a Saturday afternoon. There had to have been at least 200 kids there not including adults. About 5 or 6 parties were going on at the same time. Luckly we don't know anyone here yet so it was just the 5 and a half of us. It cost over $40 to get 1 large pizza, 5 drinks, and tokens. The pizza sucked and it was loud, but we perserviered. After all how could we tell her we didn't want to be there. We were there for a good 3 hours. The girls had a blast. Hadley kept telling me I was the best mom ever and this was her best day ever. Maybe she could sense my frustration with all the other kids there. Can you see why we deserve the award? Afterward we went to get some movies and groceries.
I can't believe my baby is 6. I suppose it is good seeing as how we are having #4 soon. How would that look to have 4 kids under 5? If I had it my way, they would all stay under the age of 5 forever. Hadley has told me it is hard being the oldest and having to set the example. I really think she was sent to us first because I can't think of any other little girl to be my first born, biggest sister, best friend to me, best friend to her sisters, best friend to everyone. She is so tender hearted and caring. She takes great care of her little sisters. What a great example she is to not just her sisters but to her parents as well. There is nothing more humbling than when you curse, your 6 years old reminds you that is a swear word. Talk about putting you in your place. I hope we can be friends forever and she can tell me everything when she is older just like she does now. We love you Hadley.

Look at me I'm 6!!!

Needless to say they did sleep pretty well that night!!

5 comments:

Katyanne said...

i wanted to take soren to chuck e cheese for his birthday but the closest one is in spokane...glad I didn't, sounds awful. I remember my little cousin having a party at chuck e cheese when she was 5. One of the best parties, I really remember it and also that nasty pizza but still had a blast and I was more like 15 at the time :) where a kid can be a kid :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel! I thought i would let you know i have a blog now if you're interested. I miss my friends from moscow and I found out this is the only way that I can see them. Anyway, that awesome that you have another one on the way. Also, your kids are getting so big! Can't believe she is 6.

The Sommer Family said...

Rachel! It was so good to hear from you. It is crazy how blogging connects people. So really, how is Arizona? Are you guys adjusting ok? Tell me how long you are there again? Congrats on the boy by the way! How fun...I love little boys. Your girls are getting so big, they are adorable. Ya, it would be nice to get a baby of my own, good thing the Sommer babies are cute! We got to Bear Lake just as you were leaving...crazy weather. I hope all is well, I'm excited you found my blog so we can keep in touch!

carol said...

ha! i've been to chuck E cheese once and I swore i would never go back. We went at 9:00 at night (i know, sheer brilliance) so all the kids we took were fit to be tied and it was still totally MOBBED. Yeah. NO. So i think you really do deserve the best parent award. I will write the academy or the pope or someone right away and let them know.

Chele said...

that is awesome. What a fun day. congrats on having a boy that is so exciting.